Char and I are working on finishing our basement. We’re going to make two big rooms, and a bunch of storage down there. The main room will be a fairly large TV/kids room which is where I plan on building my whole hog home theatre with in wall and in-ceiling speakers. The other part of the basement will be a home office all tricked out with the latest in office fancyness.
My needs are pretty basic, desk, chair, some storage, but I’ve got a few specific things things that would make an office awesome for me.
- A large drawing surface
- A place for a scanner, printer, and the home server
- A comfy chair for reading
- Good task lighting for drawing, reading, or computer work
- In-ceiling speakers from the main stereo (connected to the iTunes library)
- Loads of shelves, storage, and filing spaces
- Hard surfaced flooring (for rolling around on a chair)
- Wired internet hookups
What else would make a great office? Any suggestions from those out there who already have great home offices?